10 Reasons To Sleep In Beautiful Bamboo
Just to start, let’s clarify that we are not talking about sleeping in a tropical jungle of bamboo like a panda bear! Although once we start discussing the ten top reasons for sleeping in bamboo fabric, the panda bear may wish they had more options than just their fur to cover them.
Bamboo fabric is created from sustainable bamboo plant fibres that are 100% biodegradable - wow not only good for your body but also great for the planet!
Bamboo has historically been used in Asia to produce medicine and paper. Modern manufacturing methods evolved and used the bamboo pulp to process it into fibres to create yarn and fabrics.
We all know that bamboo sleepwear and other bamboo clothing feels the softest and most comfortable on our bodies, but do we know why? And why is it so good for us?
- The natural anti-bacterial and absorbent properties of the bamboo plant means that when moisture evaporates from your skin it is contained within the fabric keeping you sweet but not sweaty during the night.
- Bamboo fabric is woven with a cross-section covered with micro-gaps and holes for better ventilation. This means it keeps you two degrees cooler in the summer heat and noticeably warmer, and it does not cling to your body in humid weather and is naturally anti static.
- Bamboo is one of the most durable fabrics and will outlast cotton in keeping its shape, colour and strength.
- Bamboo is softer than any other fabric against your skin. Forget silk or Egyptian cotton, nothing compares to this amazing softness that feels fabulous against your body.
- This incredible material is not only sublimely soft but is also hypo-allergenic and can be worn by anyone without causing any allergic reactions or skin irritations.
- Bamboo is 40% more absorbent than even the finest organic cotton, wicking moisture away from the skin much faster and keeping you dry and comfortable more easily.
- Another incredible property of bamboo is that it has antimicrobial properties ( meaning it kills or inhibits the growth of microorganisms) and is referred to as “Bamboo Kun”. These natural antimicrobial bio-agents reduce bacteria that thrive on clothing and other materials as well as on the human skin. So you’re sleeping beautifully and caring for your health without even knowing it.
- If it can’t be even more incredible, this brilliant bamboo fabric has a natural UV protectant. This means if you’re having a pyjama day and lazing about in the sunshine, or watering your garden in your nightie on a hot summer morning, then the fabric may assist in protecting you from the risk of skin cancer.
- Bamboo is very easy to care for and needs no ironing (always a bonus). It just has a cold or lukewarm gentle wash and dries on the line. Far, far easier than delicate silk, or cotton that always seems to need ironing.
- Last but not least - it looks gorgeous on you. The way it drapes your body with its softness and smooth fabric that does not pill or unravel. You will look lovely in your sleepwear night after night, year after year.
Want to see more of our beautiful bamboo sleepwear - Click Here