5 Gorgeous Gifts That Promote Relaxation
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could gift the people we love with the ultimate in relaxation, such as a holiday, a pamper day in a luxury resort, or a cruise to faraway lands.
Here are five fabulous and financially friendly ways to gift the benefits of relaxation and the joy of travel without leaving the country.
Imagine all that you love about travel – relaxing and lounging in luxury, the smells of exotic places, the taste of delicious local food, the music and all the pampering. In order to recreate those blissful feelings, here are the top five gifts that promote relaxation.
- The perfect pyjamas are a must. Beautiful soft bamboo or fresh cotton fabrics that are gentle against the skin, and designed to be both feminine and flattering. Gift a set of pretty pyjamas so your loved one may lounge luxuriously while dreaming of cruising world oceans.
- Scented candles can evoke a thousand memories, relax a tired soul, and bring the scents of exotic and faraway places into the home. Bring the warmth of Brazil with the perfume of passion fruit and paw paw and embrace the anti-anxiety benefits. Be transported to a tropical island with the scent of toasted coconut in a coconut shell or to India through a lotus flower scented candle that creates a sense of serenity. Perhaps gift a crystal healing candle, carefully curated for a specific intention such as to heal, harmonise or energise.
- “There is no love sincerer than the love of food” said George Bernard Shaw, so show your love with a gift of comfort food from around the world. Look at Greece for the antioxidant and healing properties of honey rich baklava. Perhaps Poland for iron boosting pierogis or the fun filled benefits of soft beer pretzels from Germany.
- And while sharing quotes, how about “If music be the food of love, play on” from Shakespeare’s play Twelfth Night. Be guided by love when gifting music that brings relaxation. Always appreciated are the Calm Within music to relax body and mind, or Relaxing Nature sounds where water, air and earthy ambience create a natural white noise. If considering classical music here a few suggestions for listening pleasure – Chopin’s Nocturne No.2 Op 9, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata or Mozart’s Concerto for Flute and Harp.
- The simplest and most effective pampering is always a long, blissful soak in a warm bath with beautiful bath salts. As found in day spas around the world, bath salts can be uplifting, sensual and restorative. Himalayan bath salts draw out toxins, recharging your batteries, and hydrates skin leaving it softer and smoother. Pinot Grape bath salts made from grape skin and seeds is full of anti-inflammatory antioxidants and moisture restoring properties. Best enjoyed with a glass of wine as you soak. Or create personalised bath salts using pure Epsom salts with a few drops of your choice of essential oils – sandalwood to calm and refocus, bergamot to reduce stress, or lemon myrtle to uplift mood. Essential oils stimulate areas of your limbic system, the part of the brain where long term memories are stored, emotions form, and your sense of smell creates memories.
Next time you are looking for the perfect gift to give, one that creates relaxation, evokes memories, transports the receiver to far off lands and allows them to indulge luxuriously in languid moments, revisit this list knowing it contains all the elements essential for the ultimate relaxation.